Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Sucks

Not for me.  But it does for some people.  Many people in fact.

I just wanted to spare a moment to think about all the people who are suffering in one way or another at this time of the year.  An often invisible group of people close to my heart are those who are unable to have children.  Christmas is a poignant reminder of what is not possible for 1 out of 6 couples in Australia.

While you enjoy your festive celebrations (and please do), take a moment to spare a thought for those among us who might need a friendly smile or a heartfelt hug, or perhaps to just be left alone.

Merry Christmas everyone.  Be safe on the roads and enjoy the company of those who want to be around you.  :-)

Till next time,

Be Happy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you.

    ps. I didn't want this to sound like sour grapes.... because it's not. I was moved that while my family were celebrating, millions around the world (and even here in our own 'lucky' country) were not. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Before submitting all I ask is that you please be mindful of your fellow readers.